It appears that you have not registered with Tampa Bay Area Jeep Association (TBAJA). To register, please click here...
The 4x4 or Jeep trail system in Citrus WMA in the Withlacoochee SF
Tampa Bay Area Jeep Association (TBAJA)
September 01, 2014, 09:47:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Local Sponsor:

Home   Forum   Help Contact Login Register  

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 90991
  • Total Topics: 8238
  • Online Today: 27
  • Online Ever: 97
  • (August 07, 2013, 04:01:10 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 16
Total: 17
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The 4x4 or Jeep trail system in Citrus WMA in the Withlacoochee SF  (Read 7130 times)
PaulThePhotographer
« on: November 29, 2008, 07:10:30 AM »

Citrus Wildlife Management Area (WMA) is located in, or a part of the Florida Withlacoochee State Forest (SF). It is near Inverness Florida and roughly 75 miles and about one and one half hour drive from Tampa.

Almost all the Jeep and or 4x4 trails are wide, straight and relatively easy to drive on. Not much fear of scratches here in Citrus WMA. It is a nice scenic ride.It does have some sandy areas, but should not cause a large concern, unless you are in a regular car and stop in the deep sand.

There are some spots that is fun for articulation of your 4x4 or Jeep.

v Photo by "that jeep girl with 33s" v

v Photo by "that jeep girl with 33s" v

And there are other spots in there also for articulation.

Plus there a few spots that get real fun if it is wet or raining. The Clay in certain areas gets REAL slick and makes for a Micky Mouse ride at times, as in, you don't have much control where your 4x4 or jeep is going.

Be careful of any the Mud Holes In Citrus WMA. Some may look easy but have never been conquered without a lot of help after somebody gets stuck, big time!

There are some caves in the area also.

Warning though, the Wildlife Officers do not take kindly to people who drive off the numbered and marked trails. They have been known to hand out $$ tickets to people they catch off the trails.

For more information on Jeep Trails or 4x4 trails in Citrus WMA or if you would like to go on a ride with TBAJA to Citrus, just register, and introduces yourself.

COUNTRY327
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2009, 02:49:24 PM »

Hey you guys,
My name is Bob. My daughter and I are new to the Jeep world we would like to go on the ride in Citrus. Any info would be great. We just got 1989 Islander stock tires but like to trail ride.
florida_gat0r
8-Ball

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2009, 03:50:08 PM »

Hey you guys,
My name is Bob. My daughter and I are new to the Jeep world we would like to go on the ride in Citrus. Any info would be great. We just got 1989 Islander stock tires but like to trail ride.

Here's the thread for the official ride. LINK

Here's the thread for the general information about Citrus WMA. LINK

Didn't you say your Jeep wasn't tagged?
« Last Edit: February 16, 2009, 03:50:36 PM by florida_gat0r » Logged

Just because it says Jeep doesn't mean you drive a Jeep!

The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.
 - Hunter S. Thompson
COUNTRY327
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2009, 04:23:37 PM »

yes I did say it was NOT tagged. Can I still ride there or does it need to be tagged?
PaulThePhotographer
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2009, 05:11:29 PM »

yes I did say it was NOT tagged. Can I still ride there or does it need to be tagged?

I answered you in the other thread! The answer, again, is yes it HAS to be licensed to ride in Citrus!

http://www.tbaja.com/TBAJA_Forum/index.php?topic=1429.msg17668#msg17668
« Last Edit: February 16, 2009, 05:11:54 PM by PaulThePhotographer » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Recent

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 3 © Bloc